If you missed it, I sent an email out earlier this week sharing some of the incredible benefits of cinnamon.
Most herbs and spices have incredible healing and anti-inflammatory properties. Cinnamon is one of my favorite spices to incorporate into my diet because it has so many incredible health benefits.
Cinnamon is an anti-spasmodic (relaxes muscles), helps with controlling blood sugar, reducing inflammation, killing bacteria in the mouth, and can even minimize acne when mixed with honey and used as a mask.
Speaking of skincare, cinnamon can also be mixed into your favorite lip gloss to create natural lip plumper!
Cinnamon can be used in so many ways when it comes to cooking. It pairs well with many other herbs and spices and is delicious on a variety of proteins, veggies, and fruit.
The recipe this week is my GLOW Moroccan Spice Blend. While cinnamon is one of the stars, there are so many wonderful herbs and spices in this blend.
You can use the spice blend in the recipe below or as a rub for your favorite protein, on roasted veggies, or even as a seasoning in rice, quinoa, or savory oat dishes.
Mix up a batch up of this Moroccan Spice Blend – you’ll be happy to have it on hand for your meal prep!
GLOW Moroccan Spice Blend
- 2 tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Ground Coriander
- 2 tablespoons Ground Cumin
- 2 tablespoons Ground Ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Combine coriander, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, and pepper in a clean glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Secure the lid and shake until the seasonings are mixed well. Store in a cool, dry place or the fridge for up to 6 months.
This spice blend would be delicious on ground beef, bison, lamb, or chicken. It could also be used as a rub on any of those whole proteins.
Moroccan Beef Zucchini Boats
- 2-3 medium Zucchini
- 1 pound Ground Beef (Bison, Lamb or Chicken would also work)
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 cups Spinach
- 2 Tbsp. GLOW Moroccan Spice Blend
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- For Ground Beef Mixture:
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to the pan.
- Once preheated, add onion to the pan. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir to combine.
- Add ground beef to the pan. Break up ground beef with a wooden spoon, and mix with onions and garlic.
- Stir occasionally, until ground beef is cooked through and browned.
- Add spinach to the pan, and allow it to wilt for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle pan with Moroccan Spice Blend and stir to combine.
- Let cook through for another few minutes.
- Set aside.
For Zucchini Boats:
Trim the ends off the zucchini. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scrape out the pulp, leaving 1/2-in. shells. Place in a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Spoon the ground beef mixture into the zucchini shells. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
Options: Instead of zucchini boats, you could serve this in spaghetti squash or winter squash halves. You could also serve with rice, quinoa, or roasted veggies.