Sometimes breakfast calls for something a little on the sweeter side. This GLOW Granola is loaded with healthy fats, protein, and nutrients, and is a great choice!
Pumpkin seeds, pecans, and almonds are excellent sources of healthy fat and protein, along with magnesium, iron, zinc and B vitamins.
Coconut is another great source of healthy fats and is loaded with manganese, selenium, and zinc.
Dates, while naturally sweet, are an excellent source of fiber, niacin, B6, riboflavin, thiamine and pantothenic acid (all-important B vitamins).
Additionally, dates contain copper, potassium, manganese, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, folic acid, zinc and selenium.
This sweet treat is loaded with nutrients, and would also make a great afternoon snack (for kiddos, too!)!
● 15 Whole Dates, pitted
● ¼ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
● 1 tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
● ¼ teaspoon Ground Allspice
● ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
● 1 large Egg White
● 1 cup Raw Pecans
● 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
● 1 cup Raw Slivered Almonds
● 1 cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place the dates, black pepper, lemon juice, allspice, and sea salt in a food processor and pulse for 30 seconds.
- Add the egg white to the date mixture and pulse for 10 seconds to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the pecans, coconut flakes, slivered almonds, and pumpkin seeds and mix with a spoon.
- With a nonstick spatula, scoop the date mixture into the bowl with the nuts and coconut, and blend until fully coated.
- Scoop the mixture onto the baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until fragrant and lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the pan for at least 3 hours before storing in an airtight container.
- This will keep for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Variations: Add or substitute your favorite nuts or seeds. Chia seeds or hemp seeds would make a great addition.
If you can’t tolerate eggs, a flax egg could be used in place of the egg whites.
If you tolerate oats, you could also add in ½ cup rolled oats.