Figuring out egg-free breakfasts can sometimes be a challenge. With this Steak Breakfast Hash, you’re still getting tons of protein – and you won’t miss those eggs at all!
Bell peppers are one of the most nutrient-dense foods you can incorporate into your diet. They are loaded with vitamin C, beta-carotene, vitamin K, thiamine, folic acid, and vitamin B6.
Red, yellow and orange bell peppers are high in antioxidants and can help to reduce free radicals and oxidation in the body.
This dish is chock full of nutrients and is the perfect addition to your breakfast rotation – and it would make a great easy weeknight supper, too! (Can’t do peppers? Be sure to click through for variations!)
● 2 tablespoon Butter preferably grass-fed, quantity divided
● 8 ounces Steak of Choice (Ribeye, Fillet, Sirloin), preferably grass-fed cut into 1-inch squares
● 4 ounces Cauliflower Florets (about 1/4 medium head) chopped
● 4 ounces Yellow Onion (about 1 medium) chopped
● 3 ounces Red Bell Pepper (about 1/2) sliced
● 3 ounces Yellow Bell Pepper (about 1/2) sliced
● 1-ounce Jalapeno Pepper (about 1/2) finely minced
● 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley chopped
1. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. When the pan is hot and a drop of water sizzles when added to the pan, add the chunks of steak.
3. Season steak cubes with salt and pepper. Sear on each side over medium-high heat, then turn heat to low and cook to desired doneness.
4. Remove steak from the pan to a plate. Tent with foil to keep warm.
5. Turn heat to medium and add the second tablespoon of butter.
6. When the butter stops foaming, add cauliflower and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion to the pan and cook until edges of the onion are just starting to brown, then stir in the peppers. Season with salt and pepper,
7. When peppers are crisp-tender and onions and cauliflower are tender and cooked through, stir in steak cubes and any liquid that has collected. Stir in parsley just before serving.
8. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
Variations: Instead of steak, sub in sausage, chicken or fish. Think outside the breakfast box!
If you are avoiding nightshades, omit the peppers, and add in other favorite veggies.
Zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, broccoli, brussels sprouts, sweet potato, and wilted greens would all be great additions to the recipe!
If you can tolerate eggs, a runny egg would be delicious on top of a serving of this hash.
#antiinflammatory #glutenfree #dairyfree #grainfree #ketofriendly