This week’s challenge has been about using our inspiration as motivation. This applies to all areas of our lives – including our meals!
It can be easy to get into a rut when it comes to cooking.
I want to encourage you to find ways to get inspired by food – then get into the kitchen and do some healthy meal planning for the coming week!
Here are some of my favorite ways to find food inspiration:
- Follow healthy food bloggers and nutritionists on social media. You can find some of my favorite recipes posted here and on my social media.
- Watch some cooking shows or videos. Learning new cooking techniques and recipes can really inspire you in the kitchen.
- Read cookbooks. Yep, read them like they are books. Almost every single cookbook out there has information in it besides just recipes. This info might be about nutrition, serving sizes, stocking a healthy pantry, meal planning, and prep, techniques, equipment, or even just the author’s own stories about their culture and food. Cookbooks are a great place to find food inspiration!
- Scroll through Pinterest – and be sure to check out my boards for more healthy meal ideas!
- Have fun with your food! Eat breakfast for dinner and dinner for breakfast – change up those meals and think outside the box.
- Be willing to try new herbs and spices, and new foods. If your current meal plan feels boring, look for a few different protein options to try, or incorporate a veggie/grain/legume/ingredient you don’t typically cook with very often.
Food is absolutely medicine, but it can also be flavorful and interesting. You don’t have to stick to the same old routine – look for ways to make your meal plans varied. Add in new items each week to try. Incorporate a new recipe. Get everyone in the family involved in dinner prep. There are so many ways to find inspiration when it comes to our food.
My recipe this week is my favorite Ranch Seasoning Mix. I’m sharing a spice blend because I want this blend to inspire you to do something different in your kitchen this week. Here are just a few of the ways you might use this recipe:
- To create a dip or dressing for your favorite veggies or salad.
- Use the dip or dressing as a marinade for chicken, pork, or beef.
- As seasoning on your favorite protein or over roasted veggies.
- To season rice or grains or savory oats
- Sprinkled over avocado toast
- Use in soups or other recipes for a flavor boost
You can truly use spice blends in so many ways! As a bonus, herbs and spices are loaded with antioxidants and can help to reduce inflammation, fight aging, help the body detox, help balance blood sugar, and more.
Incorporating herbs and spices into your cooking is not only a great way to find new inspiration in the kitchen, but they also provide some serious nutritional benefits.
What are you inspired to make with this ranch seasoning blend?
GLOW Ranch Seasoning Blend
- 3 tablespoons Dried Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dried Dill Weed
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Onion
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly Ground Black Pepper
Add all ingredients to a food processor, blender, or spice grinder and pulse about 5 to 7 times. Pour into an airtight container and store in the pantry for use. Small mason jars work perfectly for this.
Homemade Ranch Dressing: Mix 1 tablespoon of this GLOW Ranch Seasoning Mix with 1/3 cup Mayo or Sour Cream (use compliant mayo, also works with dairy-free sour cream) and 1/4 cup Buttermilk or Non-Dairy Milk of your choice.